Hawks+are+found+everywhere.+They+are+super+adaptable+to+every+climate+and+location.+According+to+teacher+Krista+Edward%2C+they+are+survivors+and+they+are+thrivers.%0A+They+are+always+there+to+help+a+family+member+of+friend+out.+These+qualities+are+found+in+this+months+Hawk+Heroes.+

Hawks are found everywhere. They are super adaptable to every climate and location. According to teacher Krista Edward, “they are survivors and they are thrivers.” They are always there to help a family member of friend out.” These qualities are found in this month’s Hawk Heroes.

PTSA Announces April Hawk Heroes

The April PTSA Hawk Hero Award spotlights students who have done something kind and caring for their classmates. April’s winners follow:

Freshmen: Jane Jasper and Keaton Marsh

Jane Jasper is a classmate who was nominated because she is always sweet and welcoming to others. Students said she’s fun to hang out with.

Keaton Marsh is very nice to everyone and makes all students feel welcome. The PTSA appreciates Keaton’s kindness because it makes a difference  at Alta. “He makes all students feel welcome even if he doesn’t know who they are.”

Sophomores: Ruby Lewis and Brynlee Smith

Ruby Lewis is very kind and helpful in her classes. She’s nice to everyone and she’ll sit next to and talk to people at lunch who don’t have friends. She compliments others and always has a  smile on  her face.

Brynlee Smith was nominated because she is nice and is willing to talk to others. The PTSA wrote, “We notice Brynlee’s kindness,” they said. “We are grateful you’re at Alta.”

Juniors: Graham Cutler and Alyssa Baker

Graham Cutler was nominated because he tutors for math everyday. He also helped win the engineering award and gave the school several accolades through his participation on the school’s Robotics Team.

Alyssa Baker was nominated by a student who wrote, “I was scared to go to high school. She [Alyssa] helped me feel more confident.” The PTSA loves hearing kind efforts are noticed.

Seniors:  Constance Van Woerkom and Westin Green

Constance normally stops what she’s doing to take photos of after school activities in a pinch,” the yearbook advisor wrote of her. She has been a very “helpful and reliable member of the yearbook staff.”

Westin Green, Westin is very positive and interacts with so many people. He is always happy and wants to spread good energy around the school and in all of his classes. “His creativity and kindness are contagious,” the nominator wrote.

• Alyssa Baker, junior

• Brynlee Smith, sophomore

• Constance Van Woerkom, senior

• Graham Cutler, junior

• Jane Jasper, freshman

• Keaton Marsh (freshman)

• Ruby Lewis (sophomore)

• Westin Green, senior