The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

FBLA Club: Get a Start in Business

FBLA Club: Get a Start in Business

As counselors come through students english classes, and students start to fill out course request forms for the upcoming school year, students should be made aware of some of the opportunities for next years classes and clubs. Students taking business classes should consider a club called FBLA.

FBLA helps students at Alta gain real-world experience and connections necessary to succeed in business. The purpose of starting the FBLA club is to help students prepare to be future business leaders. Students can attend national leadership conferences, annual conventions, and mentorship programs to get a start on business before leaving high school. Learning FBLA lessons is key to help provide students with the most promising future.

FBLA at Alta has 25 kids who are part of the club. In FBLA students develop leadership skills and learn a lot of different things, such as public speaking and writing skills. “Students that do FBLA learn lots of powerful skills that they use the rest of their life, along with many scholarship opportunities,” says Ms. Alires, “And it’s a whole lot of fun too.”

FBLA has kids all over the world from states to countries including Haiti, Hungary, and China. The club welcomes all students, and anyone interested should see Mrs. Alires to sign up for this important start to life!