Golfers Hold on to Second Place in Region Play

The Alta Golf team is rolling through the season; they finished fourth at out of seven teams at the last two region VII tournaments one at Thanksgiving Point and the other at the Ridge. The Team still sits at second place in the region and is holding onto second place by three strokes. 

Coach Cody Nesbit believes in his team and the fact that just keep getting better and better and with practice that will happen.

For improvements, we need to be mentally tough when you’re struggling on a difficult course. You need to grind and not let one bad shot or one bad hole ruin your other holes.

— Coach Cody Nesbit

Nesbit feels good about the team’s second place spot in region. He wants the team to keep separating themselves from the competition by staying consistent in their remaining tournaments. 

Speaking about the Thanksgiving Point Tournament, player Ethan Tolley felt the team struggled more than he would have liked.  We didn’t play that well and struggled in all points of the game,” he said. “The course didn’t play well with our strengths and it was an all around struggle. We need to hit greens in regulation and we need to work on our short game. We couldn’t find a rhythm and we struggled all day long.” 

Golf is an unforgiving sport both physically and mentally. For now, the team is happy to be in second place. The next few tournaments will determine how far this team will go.