Twelve Students Vie for Sophomore Class Officers

Wikihow

Primary election voting will take place Tuesday, April 27th; voting closes at 6 p.m.

Twelve students are running for the Alta High Sophmore class officers.

There are two students running for class president: Jessica Cai and Bode Bjerregaard. “Doing my best will always be my number one so I can make your years here at Alta, some of the best,” Jessica says. And Bode says, “I would be a good president because I like to plan activities and have fun. I am also energetic and like to make others feel included, laugh, and have fun.”

Another two students are running for vice-president: Carter Goodfellow and Landon Pack. “If you vote me for vice-president, I will make sure to make school an enjoyable and safe place for everyone,” Landon promises. “I will fulfill my duties on assigned committees, I will be an example and demonstrate Hawk spirit and pride and make alta a warm and friendly environment for everyone,” Carter said.

Two people are running for secretary: Jacy Elison and Aliyah Lundberg. “I think that I would be a good secretary because I am very organized, I follow through, I work hard, I am creative, I work well with others, I am trustworthy, I like to have fun, and I will put in the work to help make this next year amazing, despite all of the crazy things happening.” Aliyah promises. “I want to include everyone, and make them know what it feels like to be an Alta Hawk.” Jacy states.

Four people are running against each other for Historian: Alaina Ogden, Emily Richards, Ethan Scott, and Aaliyah Armitage. “I want to run for Historian because I love being a leader and I love hanging out with new people.” Aaliyah says. “I will work hard to create a good environment for all of us to enjoy high school. I love showing Alta pride and supporting our school by being inclusive and kind,” Ethan said. Emily says, “I believe that we all deserve to be noticed and I would love to make everyone feel included here at Alta.” And finally, Alaina says, “My goal as an officer is to be a friend to all of my classmates and to help everyone feel included and a part of this great school.”

Finally, two people are running for public relations: Asher Merrill and Christian Larsen. “I will do my best to listen to all students around me and seek to use our class student government for good to make all students feel welcome and accepted at Alta High School,” Christrain promises. “I believe you should be your sophomore public relations because I really want to make sure everyone is included, and is aware of all activities that are put on by the student government. I want to help make Alta an overall better and inclusive place,” Asher says.

To read more about each individual you can go down to the 1100 hall to read their descriptions.