Forbes

Upcoming Young Adult Book Releases Announced for 2021

Top 10 books to be released this year

After looking through countless books for release dates of 2021 a final list of top 10 books was made, in no particular order. Descriptions of the books are all from goodreads.

1- Anyway the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell will be released on July 6th. The last book in the Simon Snow series: “In Any Way the Wind Blows, Simon and Baz and Penelope and Agatha have to decide how to move forward. For Simon, that means deciding whether he still wants to be part of the World of Mages — and if he doesn’t, what does that mean for his relationship with Baz? Any Way the Wind Blows takes the gang back to England, back to Watford, and back to their families for their longest and most emotionally wrenching adventure yet.”

2-Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco will be released on October 5th. “Two sinful princes. Infinite deception with a side of revenge…Welcome to Hell. After selling her soul to become Queen of the Wicked, Emilia travels to the Seven Circles with the enigmatic Prince of Wrath, where she’s introduced to a seductive world of vice. She vows to do whatever it takes to avenge her beloved sister, Vittoria…even if that means accepting the hand of the Prince of Pride, the king of demons.”

3- Auroras End by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff onwill be released November 2nd. “Is this the end?
What happens when you ask a bunch of losers, discipline cases, and misfits to save the galaxy from an ancient evil? The ancient evil wins, of course.”

4-Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Sáenz comes out October 12th. “The boys are determined to forge a path for themselves in a world that doesn’t understand them. But when Ari is faced with a shocking loss, he’ll have to fight like never before to create a life that is truthfully, joyfully his own.”

5- The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes hits stores September 7th. “Thanks to a DNA test, Avery knows that she’s not a Hawthorne by blood, but clues pile up hinting at a deeper connection to the family than she had ever imagined. As the mystery grows and the plot thickens, Grayson and Jameson, the enigmatic and magnetic Hawthorne grandsons, continue to pull Avery in different directions. And there are threats lurking around every corner, as adversaries emerge who will stop at nothing to see Avery out of the picture – by any means necessary.”

6- Stealstriker by Marie Lu comes out on September 28th. “While the fate of a broken world hangs in the balance, Talin and Red must reunite the Strikers and find their way back to each other in this smoldering sequel to Marie Lu’s Skyhunter.”

7-Dark Rise by C.S. Pacat will be released September 28, 2021. “The ancient world of magic is no more. Its heroes are dead, its halls are ruins, and its great battles between Light and Dark are forgotten. Only the Stewards remember, and they keep their centuries-long vigil, sworn to protect humanity if the Dark King ever returns.”

8- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston is planned for a June 1st release. “For cynical twenty-three-year-old August, moving to New York City is supposed to prove her right: that things like magic and cinematic love stories don’t exist, and the only smart way to go through life is alone. She can’t imagine how waiting tables at a 24-hour pancake diner and moving in with too many weird roommates could possibly change that. And there’s certainly no chance of her subway commute being anything more than a daily trudge through boredom and electrical failures. But then, there’s this gorgeous girl on the train.”

9- They’ll never catch us by Jessica Goodman comes out on July 27th. “With regionals approaching and college scouts taking notice, the pressure is on. Each girl has their future on the line and they won’t let friendships get in their way. But then, suddenly, Mila goes out on a training run and never returns. No one knows what happened, but all eyes are on the Steckler sisters.”

10-The Nobleman’s Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee will be released May 5th. “The sole heir to his family’s fortune, Adrian Montague desperately wants to be free—from his father’s high expectations; the grief of losing his beloved mother; and the constant war being waged inside his mind. Adrian was diagnosed with hysteria at a young age and it’s always been kept a secret. But when he has a breakdown at his engagement party, the public learns Adrian’s worst fear: he might not be fit to run the Montague estate.”