Homecoming Assembly Begins a Fun-Filled Week

On Monday, September 13th, Alta had the 2021-22 Homecoming Assembly. For the first time ever, the assembly took place on the football field. Normally, school-wide assemblies are held in the gym, but because the gym is under construction, Student Government decided to relocate it outdoors. It was fun all the same!

As students were walking in, the band played songs to get everyone excited. Madrigals sang the National Anthem, and both Dance Company and Drill Team performed.

There was also the classic ‘cheer and football dance’, where cheerleaders wear football uniforms and the football team wears the cheerleader’s uniforms. Head Cheerleader Eva Heidelberger said, “The football cheerleader dance is a fun tradition that Alta has been doing for years. It’s a great way to step into each other’s shoes and learn more about what each sport does. It’s also a fun bonding experience. The dance really rallies up the crowd and is funny and entertaining to watch. I love how the football players totally got into it this year and gave a lot of sass. I’m glad they continue this tradition.”

Then there was a weightlifting competition with a couple students v.s. Dr. McGill. The students all did very well, but Dr. McGill was obviously the winner.

Finally, the homecoming royalty competed with each other by teaming up in groups: one girl and one boy. They had to lick frosting off of a clear board facing each other. The group with the least frosting left at the end of a timer were the winners. Lucy Lesueur and Maika Kafusi were the winners of the competition. Lucy said, “It was weird. Definitely an experience.”

At the end, teachers and students competed in a relay race, and the teachers won by a long shot. This year’s homecoming assembly was as fun and memorable as any other year.

• Lucy Lesueur and Maika Kafusi in the frosting competition

• Eva Heildelberger and Ellie Lyman flexing in the football outfits

• Dance Company’s performance

• Abe Ellis flexing for the crowd

• Football players as cheerleaders

• Flour competition from the relay race

• Football players and Cheerleaders getting hype

• Drummer

• Drill Team’s performance

• Lauren Gassman and Rebecca Russell pose for the camera