Live music is back.

After a Year and a Half, Live Music Makes Its Return

Music is the medicine of the mind.

— John A. Legend

Live music is making a return after Covid-19 effectively put an end to any and all concerts scheduled for the second half of 2020. There are many musicians and bands who are back on the road again or will be soon. Some of these artists include Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, Green Day, The Weeknd, Weezer, Elton John, The Jonas Brothers, Alec Benjamin, Louis Tomlinson, and many others.

“This tour, I thought it was never going to happen,” Alec Benjamin told fans in Salt Lake City, “The fact that we’re here right now singing together is awesome!”

Live music brings people together and that is important, now more than ever. Just a few months ago, it was unimaginable that there would be concerts and sporting events this soon. Now, the world can sing together again.

Louren Hodges, an Alta High student, stated, “Seeing live performances again after a year and a half of none is so much fun! It is crazy to see your favorite performers live and a surreal feeling washes over the venue when the music is played.”

There are, however, protocols and policies in place to keep people safe. Most venues require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test and some require masks. It is important to check a venue’s requirements before attending a live event.

Harry Styles addressed the crowd in Las Vegas, saying, “In the darkest times of what we’ve just been through, the thing that got me through so much was this night, knowing that I would be back in front of you at some point. This feels absolutely crazy. I can’t believe I am up her right now.”

Everyone can go and enjoy live music again. Salt Lake City has already hosted some exciting concerts this year.  Alec Benjamin performed at the Complex on September 21st, Dayglow performed at The Depot on September 28th, John Legend was at the Sandy Amphitheater on October 2nd, Iggy Azalea and Pitbull performed USANA on October 2nd.

There are also some exciting shows coming up. Khai Dreams will be performing at The Complex on October 5th, Machine Gun Kelly will be at The Complex October 17th, Dan + Shay will be performing at Vivint Arena on October 23rd, FINNEAS will be at The Depot on November 2nd, and that’s only a few of the concerts coming up in the area.