Yearbook Archives

Last year’s Sterling Scholars pose for a group photo. These winners went on to compete with scholars from other schools in individual categories.

Sterling Scholar October 13th Deadline Approaches

The deadline for Sterling Scholar applications is fast approaching. Individuals may apply for up to three categories.

Sterling Scholar is an amazing academic award given every year to some of the schools best leaders, academics, and citizens.

This year Alta is offering 14 categories for Sterling Scholar, however, the application deadline is coming up soon! For those interested, applications must be submitted by October 13th at 3 p.m. An application involves both a paper submission to the category chairperson and an online submission to canvas.

The sterling scholar application involves basic information like your GPA, ACT score, and class schedule, as well as extra curricular activities, leadership positions, and outstanding achievements or service. The final portion is a 200 word essay on what would make you a good nominee. An application may be submitted for up to three categories.

To submit your completed application, go to Alta’s website under academics, sterling scholar applications, and then follow the steps to self-enroll in the canvas course. One copy of your application will be submitted online in canvas, and another must be hand delivered to the chairperson over the area you are applying for (indicated on canvas).

The application for Sterling Scholar can also be found on canvas. Mrs. Conner (room 1123) and Mrs. Heffner (room 1210) can answer any questions you may have, and provide paper copies of the application.