Eva Heidelberger

One of Heidelberg’s clients poses for a photo following a gel nail application.

Students Find Success Starting Their Own Businesses

How one Alta Hawk started her very own business!

For Eva Heidelberger, starting her own small business has been a dream come true.

In addition to starting her own business, Eva Heidelberger is also a Varsity Cheerleader for Alta.

Heidelberger started her nail and spray tanning business in September of 2020. She now has over two years of experience in gel manicures and extensions and over three years of experience in airbrush tanning. She promotes her business on Instagram (@nailsandtans.eva).

According to Heidelberger, Instagram is a good way to start showing others your creativity and business ideas The Instagram app and website have many features conducive to growing a business. Some examples include stories, reels, direct messages, and posts.

Heidelberger takes advantage of those features and believes social media is one of the best ways to advertise a business.

Besides knowing the direction you want to take to start a business, time is always a concern. Being a full time student and having extracurricular activities, Heidelberger had a hard time at first when it came to balancing school and growing her business.

“I had to learn to be very good at time management, she said. “Having my days planned out helps me create a good balance and get things done.”

The calendar app on her phone helps Heidelberger manage her time. She describes it her “best friend.”  She’s also a Varsity Cheerleader for Alta and has many obligations that take personal time such as attending games and cheering on the team. Throw growing a small business into the mix, and Heidelberger knows personally the stress involved in managing a busy life.

Although at first, starting a business was hard, but Heidelberger advises any would be entrepreneurs to make sure “to enjoy the journey as it grows.”

“Starting will always be the hardest part,” she said, “but don’t let that hold you back. Students can make their dreams become reality.” 

Heidelberger believes starting a business takes risk and constant effort. “Take the risk and start a business,” she said. “As long as you enjoy what you are doing, manage your time, and are confident, you will succeed with flying colors.”