Photos by Jessica Schwarz and Adelle Hayes

Students packed the Commons and enjoyed this year’s Sweethearts Dance.

Students Enjoy Annual Sweethearts Dance in Spite of Covid Protocols

Annual girls' choice dance draws hundreds to attend this year's dance in the Commons.

This year’s Sweethearts Dance, sponsored by the FBLA and FCCLA clubs was drew hundreds of students and even some visitors from neighboring school.

“It was a really fun dance,” said student Carley Torres. “While everyone had fun, one of the highlights of the dance was the DJ telling students to not get close to his step up.”

Students who helped with the setup, helped plan a lot much of the dance. One of the highlights of the dance was the photo booth.  Student Ryan Watts was very impressed.

“I wasn’t expecting the moon,” he said, “but it was so fun … a shout out to Lizzie who took our photos!”.

“I wasn’t expecting the moon, but it was so fun, a shout out to Lizzie who took our photos!”

— Ryan Watt

According to the after dance chatter, the dance was a giant hit with the students. FBLA and FCCLA clubs did an amazing job putting together and planning the dance,” Watt said. “We need to give a huge shout out to the staff who helped with the Dance as well.”

Everything from the photo booth and individual group and dance photos made this dance well documented. Yearbook photographers enjoyed capturing the event and student smiles from the night.