Yearbook Archives

Students enjoy a line dance during last year’s Junior Prom.

Alta High School’s 2022 Prom Theme: “Fly Love”

"Fly Love, by Jamie Foxx from the Rio soundtrack inspired this year's Junior Prom theme.

This year’s Junior Prom will be at the Tower at Rice Eccles Stadium on March 19.

The theme of this year’s Prom will be “Fly Love.” This is in reference to the song by Jamie Foxx that is featured in the Rio soundtrack which will be the main track of the evening. This, however, isn’t the only meaning behind the theme. According to, Junior President, Jake Motzkus, “The term ‘Fly Love’ refers to when you are so in love that you feel as if you’re flying”.

The dance begins at 8:30 pm and students can buy tickets online for $20 each or at the door for $25. Student IDs must be shown at the door to ensure ticket holders are an Alta High Student. If a student does not have their ID, photos of student IDs will be accepted upon entrance.

If there are students who are hesitant about attending Prom, teacher Kjersti Barlow has advice for them. Prom is part of being a community and you should go an have fun. It’s only during high school and it’s a limited window.

Girls shouldn’t wait to be asked, they should go an have fun with their friends. If expense is an issue, you don’t need an expensive tux or even an expensive meal; you don’t even need a date.

— Kjersti Barlow, Teacher

“Girls shouldn’t wait to be asked, they should go an have fun with their friends,” Barlow said. “If expense is an issue, you don’t need an expensive tux or even an expensive meal; you don’t even need a date.”

Prom royalty has already gone through multiple rounds of voting and is in the final stages. The winners will be announced at the dance.

There is a lot of excitement and anticipation surrounding the event because it is a once a year event for the school. “I am going to Prom because it’s my last year in high school and I’m never going to get these experiences back,” Avery Allen said. “Prom is an essential high school experience and I hope that everyone considers going.”

For tickets to Prom you can buy them from Alta Athletics from this website.