This+years+Dance+company+performed+with+passion+and+precision+at+their+annual+concert.+

Alex Berry

This year’s Dance company performed with passion and precision at their annual concert.

Dance Company Brings Energy to this Year’s Concert

With precision and grace, this year's Dance Company showcased their talents at their annual concert.

After a year of hard work in the dance room, this year’s Dance Company presented their concert to large crowd three nights in a row in the Performing Arts Center.

With a total of 23 dances, including duets and solos and smaller group performances, the girls lit up the stage.

The audience is just lucky enough to see the hard work displayed on the stage. What they don’t see is the hundred of hours the girls spent putting their concert together all year.

Kate Spencer, President of this year’s DC knows first hand how much work goes into the yearly concert. This year is special for her because she’s doing a duet with her little sister. The two enjoy dance and they have been dancing practically their whole lives. “Being on Dance Company is hard, but it’s worth it,” Spencer said. “It’s like my favorite thing in the world.” 

Spencer is not alone. Dancing is “the favorite thing in the world” for everyone on the team.

The concert features hip hop, jazz, and contemporary dances. Each girl has the opportunity to choreograph their own dance and those dances are auditioned at the beginning of the year.

Most girls are in between 10-13 dances.

“Officers have a dance, and seniors have a dance that they auditioned at the beginning of the year,” Spencer said.

The girls agree they leave everything on the stage. After three nights of performances, they are exhausted and happy with their concert.