Karissa Gardner

The Addams family poses for a family photo prior to this week’s performance on the Alta Stage.

The Addams Family Makes Visit to the Alta Stage

*snap *snap

Gomez and Morticia Addams (and their horrific family) will pay a visit to the Alta in the coming week. The theater Department’s live performance of The Addams family is takes place November 16, 17, 18, 19, and 21st. The 17th being their understudy night. You can purchase on the Alta site (https://ahsathletics.com/event-tickets) for $9 per ticket or $10 at the door. If you would like to meet the cast they have an Opening Night Gala (Wednesday Nov, 16th) for $16.oo.

The show follows the Addams Family (Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday, Puglsey, Fester, Grandma Addams, and Lurch) whilst they try to be ‘normal’ around the Beinekes, Wednesday’s boyfriend’s family.

I’m reminded during every production that it is truly a team effort, and I hope and think that our team sees that as well. It takes everyone to put together a production of this size.

— Lindsey Cline, Production Director

The show requires a huge team effort, and everyone to collaborate together to make the production a success. “I don’t think this is a new lesson for theatre folks, Lindsey Cline, the show’s director said. “I’m reminded during every production that it is truly a team effort, and I hope and think that our team sees that as well. It takes everyone to put together a production of this size.”

Cline is proud to work with such a wonderful group of students. “I’m so excited for their work to be shown off,” she said. “From singing and acting, to student choreographed numbers to the set and awesome tech elements-they’ve really shown up and worked hard to make this production happen and I’m excited for our audiences and community to see that.”

After many musical numbers, shocking reveals, and a malicious moral, the Addams understand the true nature of being….well…an Addams.