Winners of the Hawk Hero award receive a basket of goodies and a front row parking spot for the month.

The January 2023 PTSA Hawk Heroes

Continuing its tradition of monthly Hawk Heroes, the PTSA awarded gift basket to this month’s Hawk Heroes, two from each grade. If students see others doing acts of kindness or other mentionable activities, please take a minute and nominate someone. Find a poster around the school and click on the QR code. (It’s also at the end of this article.)

PTSA leader Trisha Anderson said the PTSA welcomes all nominations. The best part of being a “Hawk Hero” is a front row parking spot near the main entrance. All students receive a t-shirt, gift cards, and freebies from local businesses. Seniors and juniors get a reserved parking spot for a month while sophomores and freshmen get extra gift cards.

Freshman:

Lilly Harrison

Lilly was nominated by other students who said she is so amazing. “She is always willing to help others out and she has such great energy. She is ongoing and always determined to make your day.” Lilly, you are one of the reasons this school is great.

Gretel Diederich

Congratulations to Gretel who was nominated  by classmates. They said that Gretel is kind and a good friend. They also said she puts forth effort to make life good and she loos out for the needs of others. We’re proud of you, Gretel!

Sophomores:

Cameron Wright

Cameron was nominated by another student who said that he always has a positive attitude in the halls and makes everyone around him feel special. Congratulations to Cameron! We are grateful for students like you who are seen making a difference for good at our school.

Sophie Drummond

Congrats to Sophie! She was nominated by a peer who said she is inclusive and treats others with respect. She always makes sure people are okay and helps them if they are needing extra kindness. Thank you, Sophie, for treating others with kindness.

Juniors:

Kambree Ashby

Congratulations to Kambree for being nominated by fellow students who said she is friendly to others and treats people with kindness. They also said she works hard in school and is helpful,

Korbin Finn

A teacher nominated Korbin and told us that he goes out of his way to help peers that are struggling and motivates them to stay on task in class. He is a great example to them and a huge help for his teachers.

Seniors:

Sebastian Fuenmayor

Congratulations to Sebastian who was nominated by a member of the Alta staff who said he is completing his high school career in two years, has done Step2theU, is a role model for Latino students, is kind and supportive of others, and is concerned about his peers who are struggling. We are proud of you Sebastian! You’re one of the reasons this school is great.

Nadia Faleh

Nadia was nominated by a fellow student who said she works very hard and that she has made efforts on link crew to be more aware of helping freshman students feel more connected at Alta.