Photo By Sam Mazuran

Alta’s Spring Production: The Foreigner Opens Wednesday

The play runs Feb 15 through the 18 in the Performing Arts Center. Curtain time is 7 p.m.

Alta’s Theatre Program  pulls off stunner hit with this years play, The Foreigner. With an unique storyline, an amazing moral message, and tons of comedic beats the production expects big audiences.

The production follows protagonist Charlie Baker, who tries to escape society in the Deep South of Georgia. Charlie pretends to be a foreigner that doesn’t speak English, which is its own foreign concept to his fellow inhabitants of the Fishing Lodge belonging to Betty Meeks. Charlie learns the pros and cons of being an outcast in the American 1970’s. Not only does he uncover secrets he never wanted to know, but he learns the importance of morality.

Baker commits himself to his new found friends and in return discovers a wonderful family and new life. The story ends with plot twists, the defeat of a villain, and a wonderful message.

“This cast and crew has been absolutely fantastic to work with, discovering how teenagers can approach such an impactful show and create a masterpiece has been such a blessing, said Director Linze Struiksma. “I can’t wait for audiences to devour the beautiful and meaningful story.”

The play continues to bring people together and create unforgettable bonds. Apparently the family wasn’t only on stage but also off. “Being in the Foreigner has been such an amazing experience and it’s been awesome to get so close with such a small cast,” cast member Kassie Holt said.

All the effort of this show is not wasted, being seen by theatre members outside the production. “I have seen The Foreigner’s cast, and they have worked so hard to make a masterpiece,”   theatre student Miranda Stokes said.

“This show has been so absolutely incredible to be involved in,” said student director Ella Gardner.”It has been such a blessing and I’ve learned so much. Working with the actors has ben so fun and they are all so talented.

The show has some deeper meanings, covering difficult topics like autism and racial discrimination. The Cast has made sure to be respectful to these difficult topics and to send the correct message.

“A highschool taking on such serious topics shows how important it is to share the word of The Foreigner and it’s impactful message,” student Natalie Euler said. Even with all the difficult scenes the show is till jam packed with comedy.

“It’s really amazing to see such a heavy show with so much humor and laughter,” Euler said.

The racial aspect of the show has also had an impact on the cast, teaching them different ways to express themselves and show them what really matters when it comes to values.

“This show has been so fun, the play battles racism in such a unique and devoted way. Teaching us on how to be respectful other other cultures and races, I’ve really learned how to embrace our differences from one another” saisd Lead Actor Brody Gibbs.

“The Foreigner” runs February 15-18th at 7pm!  Tickets will be on sale on the AHS Athletics page on February 1st.