Izzy Hanson

Carter Goodfellow drives to the basket past his Orem opponent.

Hawks Head To Lehi To Play The Pioneers

Alta Basketball faces off against Lehi who is ranked second in region competition just behind Alta.

Alta Basketball is heating up. The team is sprinting into their final region games with a 17-2 record. 

The team has hit its stride and believes they can go far from here on out. The squad is balling out with Jaxon Johnson and Ace Reiser averaging more than 15 points a game. 

“It’s fun to be a part of such a good team,” player Ryan Richards said. “On any night anyone could go off and get some buckets.”

Five players on the team have more than 100 points on the season. All of the players have a role and are playing it very well. 

The Hawks go to Lehi High School to play the pioneers who have 13 wins and only 5 losses. They are second in the region only after Alta, so Lehi will be out to prove themselves against Alta. 

We match up very well against Lehi; we are better across the board, but they do a good job of getting us off our game. We just need to execute.

— Travis Ohrn, Head Coach

Senior Jon Newell says, “It should be a good game… It will be a test to see just how good we really are.”

Coach Ohrn is exited for the game, “We match up very well against them; we are better across the board but they do a good job of getting us off our game. We just need to execute.”

The boys love playing for Coach Ohrn because he believes in them and knows they can play to their potential.  

Alta Basketball is something the students can all rally behind. It is fun to go to the games especially when the team is so successful. Most games end with students leaving happy from a great game. 

Caleb Lowry says, “I try to go to every single game. I love watching my friends win and see all the work they do pay off.”