Following their 2022 championship game, the team parades with their hard earned trophy at the Rio Tinto field. The boys are working to repeat last year’s success.

Upcoming Boys Upcoming Soccer

Coming off a state championship, the boys know they have a target on their backs. Other teams will be out to beat Alta!

Coming off a state championship, the soccer coaches and players are ready for the new season, but weather is keeping the team at bay. They can’t wait to hit the turf and show what they’ve got.

Coach Kenzie Hyer feels really good about this upcoming season, and it’s not even just about soccer. “These boys are so much fun and they bring so much positive energy to practice,” she said. We’ve got 12 returning seniors back,  and our younger players have been doing a lot of work.”

The players also are optimistic about the new season. Dane Hartman said, “We’re definitely feeling very confident.”

The team knows that overconfidence and a state championship is like a huge target on their backs, so they wanna stay focused. They believe their hard work will pay off and brings some wins home.

As amazing as Alta’s soccer is, they are still looking for improvement.

“Last year we did a lot of different things than we did the previous year, which is why we were able to push through, so now it’s just about fine tuning,” Hyer said. “I’m not going to be doing a lot of things differently, but just sticking with the things that worked well for us last year.”

Because the boys have played with each other for several years, the bond they have is stronger than ever this year. “The majority of us have been together all four years,” Lincoln Eberhardt said. “We all have that bond with us that will be even stronger than the one last year.

The teamwork and unity with the boys soccer team this year should be awesome. Coach Hyer really wants to tell her players, “It goes so fast so you really have to enjoy everything you’re doing.”

Right now, the team is making sure they stay humble. “We want to make sure we earn every step we take on the field” Eberhardt said.