Students dance at the 2019 Junior Prom held in downtown Salt Lake City.

School announces prom will be held; student government answers about restrictions

Alta’s students are excited about the upcoming prom on March 27th. Prom can happen, just with a little bit of modification.

I’m totally in favor of the dance, but it has to be done right,” McGill said. “Students will be assigned to location pods the night of the dance. We need to know student locations for the night to effectively contact trace in case someone tests positive for Covid-19.”

Many students have questions about the safety and restrictions. Look no further, as the answers are here! 

When: Saturday, March 27th, 8pm-9:30 and 9:30-11pm, there will be 2 separate dances so more people can attend prom. 

Who: Alta students only. Due to the need for contact tracing and COVID-19 testing, the dance is limited to the hawks. 

Where: Alta High School’s commons!

Theme: “It’s been a long, long time”

How: Masks are required.  There are two separate dance scheduled times, and there will be limited moshing. Everyone attending will be COVID tested at school a few days before the dance, and the test must be negative to attend and ensure the fun will be safe. 

Price: Entry will be $10 per person. Different than the usual tickets per couple, each student planning to go has to purchase their own ticket.

First wave of tickets will be released to seniors and juniors on Monday, March 8th at 3pm, then sophomores will have the chance to purchase tickets Tuesday, March 9th at 3pm.