The Hollywood Reporter

Doctor Strange 2 Movie Review

Must see Marvel movie of the year.

The latest Marvel movie, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness came out May 6, 2022 and has already made $291 Million from the film. Imax movie box offices say it is “the second-biggest opening weekend overseas in pandemic times.” The movie is filled with many unexpected events and characters that have kept fans on the edge of their seats the entire time. Most viewers really won’t know what they’re getting into. 

Elizabeth Olsen, who plays the Scarlet Witch, said in an interview that she is “very excited for fans to see how we continue the story of Wanda from the end of WandaVision.”

To the shock of many who have yet to see the movie, Doctor Strange 2 has been placed under the horror category. This movie has a few jump scares, gory deaths, and demonic characterization. The Directors really took this movie to a whole new level for the Marvel industry. Some fans are saying that Marvel should’ve gone all-in with horror or just cut it out all the way. The horror was very well done, however, many think the movie would have benefited from the extreme horror factor.

Before watching, it’s important to at least know the ending of Avenger’s Endgame, however, at this point, we’d hope most people have seen it. It’s also pretty necessary to have watched the first Doctor Strange, and the WandaVision television series on Disney+. Additionally, it would be helpful to see Spiderman No Way Home and all the movie’s end-credit scenes. Speaking of end-credit scenes, Doctor Strange 2 has 2 end scenes, so be sure to stay around afterward for those. 

The movie has been a total win in marvel fans’ books and has been well received with a 4-star rating on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb. The producer explains “The ‘Multi-verse of Madness’ title has many meanings,” which makes everyone wonder. 

From a viewer’s perspective, it was different from other Marvel movies. Being the first horror movie Marvel has made, the actors portrayed their characters very well, making the movie experience more moving. Viewers were waiting to see this after Elizabeth Olsen’s performance in WandaVision. This is definitely a must-see movie that many will enjoy watching.