Chris Bennion

Gage Nichols and Brock Bennion ride dirt bikes in the dessert five mile pass. “It’s fun to go fast, Bennion says. “We go early in the morning to get a jump on the day.”

Unique hobbies Offer Variety to Life and Let Students Find Their Happy Place

One good thing to come from Covid is that many people developed hobbies and talents that they hadn't spent that much time on before. Students at Alta have varied talents and skills. We feature of few here.

There are so many cool things Alta students love to do!

Brady Carman, for example, has a pilot’s license. He got started with an organization called Civil Air Patrol, which made the $10,000 cost cheaper.

“It’s just a hobby.” He said. “When I took my first flight, I felt like I had more freedom.” He has even flown to Salt Lake City International airport.

Senior Brock Bennion’s happy place is out in the desert riding motorcycles. “I go out to the desert and ride dirt bikes and just hang out.”

Brock and Brady are just a fraction of the hundreds of students who have a unique hobby or passion outside of school.

Collectively, these students bring a variety of people together under one school roof and add a variety of passion and dedication that overflows into other areas of the school. One of Alta’s most interesting qualities is the amazing hobbies and talents of students.

Some students collect things. Daryn Trounce has an especially interesting collection. “I collect Lightning McQueen cars. Lightning McQueen is the coolest thing ever.” She has 7 in her collection so far.

Lucy Pack also has a collection. “I collect Squishmallows. I also collect pennies. It’s nice to look at Abe Lincoln’s face.”

Others participate in extracurricular sports. Grace Anderson has a less exotic but more challenging hobby. “I run Cross Country because I love being part of a team!” She enjoys it because of her teammates. “We are all such good friends and it makes it so much fun! It’s awesome how we all push each other to work harder!”

Jonathan Moll, a graduated Alta student, enjoys doing something neat as well. He collects Five Nights at Freddy’s toys, books, and more. “There’s the fun in looking for the exclusives as well as for new stuff that comes out.”