Mac and Cheese … the Cure for What Ails You
April 28, 2020
Recipe of the Week
Mac and Cheese is a sure cure for what ails you. It’s the perfect comfort food. The following recipe is courtesy of
- 1 pound uncooked pasta
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk (or evaporated milk or half and half)
- 4 cups freshly-grated sharp cheddar cheese* (or see other cheese options below)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Prep the pasta. Add pasta, water, butter, mustard, garlic powder and 1 teaspoonsalt to the bowl of an Instant Pot, and briefly stir to combine.
- Pressure cook. Cover and set lid to “Sealing.” Cook on high pressure (“manual”) for 4 minutes, followed by a quick release. Remove lid.
- Add the milk and cheeses. Add in the milk and stir briefly to combine. Then add in the cheeses and gently stir and stir until they have completely melted into a creamy sauce. The sauce will continue to thicken as it sits, so if it seems too thin, just let it rest for an extra minute or two. Taste the dish and season with extra salt and black pepper, if needed.
- Serve warm. Serve warm and enjoy!