Yearbook file photo

Alta burns the “A” in an annual homecoming tradition last school year

Homecoming Traditions Connect and Unite Hawks Through Time

Two years after covid restrictions, traditions continue uninterrupted!

Alta’s Student Government has planned an event packed homecoming week from Monday October 3 to Saturday the 8th.

Student Body President Zach Scheffner especially wants students to feel involved and become part of Alta traditions. 

“I hope everyone is more connected and has a great experience,” Scheffner said. “These events are a huge part of high school and are what make it so memorable.”

Scheffner specifically hopes students will see how cool Alta is especially when it comes to traditions. Events come and go throughout the years, but Homecoming week is a traditional time where everyone can participate in memorable high school experiences that link years and decades together. “We hope everyone knows that Alta is a fun and homey place for Hawks,” he said. “We hope people know and learn what Alta is all about and what we stand for.

The week’s events include: 

MONDAY,  October  3 – Assembly & Royalty Pageant

The week’s events begin Monday morning with the traditional Homecoming Assembly in the gym. School traditions with the favorite cheerleader / football player swap, presentation of the candidates for royalty, and other performances by school performing groups will get the week off to a spirited beginning.

The Royalty Pageant will take place that evening. Nominees will show off talents, respond to questions, and host a skit. Students will then vote for this year’s Homecoming King and Queen.

I hope everyone is more connected and has a great experience. These events are a huge part of high school and are what make it so memorable.

— Zac Scheffner, SBO President

WEDNESDAY, October 5 – Pep Rally and Burning of the “A” & Fireworks

The pep rally will take place at 6:30pm with the annual parade, and move into a few field games and then conclude with the Burning of the “A” and fireworks.

THURSDAY, October 6 – Football Game V. Jordan & Halftime Extravaganza & Presentation of this year’s Royalty

The football game will be preceded by a tailgate activity 6 p.m.; the football game with Jordan will follow at 7 p.m. 

SATURDAY, October 8 – Homecoming Dance

The “Dancing in the Moonlight” dance will end homecoming week on Saturday from 8-10 pm.