Students+learn+from+a+line+dancing+instructor+at+this+years+Red+Rodeo+Dance.+

Lucy West

Students learn from a line dancing instructor at this year’s Red Rodeo Dance.

Red Rodeo Named “Blast of a Dance”

Instead of a Halloween Dance, Alta held a Red Rodeo on November fifth in order to raise money for Make a Wish.

This year’s Red Rodeo dance ended up being more fun than most thought. Students came to the dance dressed in western attire and even some barn animals showed up.

Students were surprised at how much fun they had doing line dancing as a group. “The dance was good way to connect and be able to dress up and have fun,” said Emily Stott. “It gave us a way to go out and plan something fun.”

This cowboy themed dance also raised money for this year’s Make a Wish kid Ellie.

Some were disappointed that Alta wasn’t able to have a Halloween dance like usual, however, Ian Smith explained that Homecoming was super late this year and that required a shift in dance dates. “We thought the Red Rodeo Dance would be fun and it ended up being a blast.”

The dance was girls’ choice, but not everyone needed to have a date.  

A line dancing instructor taught participants a variety of group dances. “I like the fact that we had an instructor,” Mia Becaravic said. “Everyone definitely felt included.”

When students arrived at the dance, the lights were on. “Having the lights on was definitely weird, Liz Numbers aid, “but they helped us see the instructor.”

That was the whole point. Students learned several dances throughout the night.

The Red Rodeo was definitely much different from usual Alta dance themes, but many students were happy with the change.

Deacon Mearian said, “It was nice to have a different theme for a dance. It wasn’t only a mosh pit.”