The new roof is on; the old one is coming off, piece by piece.

Alta Renovation gets a Jump on Summer Construction with School Closure

While students and teachers have been stuck at home, Alta’s construction has continued to move forward. The Performing Arts Center is close to being finished, and Garry True believes the building will be a favorite of students. “It’s a lovely building with state of the art facilities,” he explained. “It’s amazing and…top-notch.”

In addition to the auditorium, the patio area to its side will be completed within a few weeks. According to True, it will be a great hangout spot for Alta’s students. “It’s a big gathering space and an important addition to the school.”

Alta will continue to be a busy place throughout the summer, with work being done on the roof, lighting, and more. “The roof is being installed over the commons; once that is completed, the existing roof will come down and new windows will be installed,” said True. In main floor classrooms, LED lighting will be installed, as well as heating / air conditioning, and a new alarm and all call system. In addition to building, “demolition will occur in the old band, choir, and drama rooms,” as well as in “the old auditorium.”

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the timeline for completion is not set in stone. It all depends on what supplies are available and ready to be installed. Despite the uncertainty, however, Garry True is sure that “by the time students return to Alta in the fall, the worst will be over.”

• The front patio gets the landscapers touch.

• The commons in April will undergo a total remodel during the coming year.

• Construction workers place steel footings for the new roof in the remodeled commons area of the school.

• The variation in red seats provides a pleasing setting for auditorium guests.

• The lobby of the new PAC is spacious and welcoming to visitors.