The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Make A Wish; Dreams Do Come True!

Picture can be found on Alta High School’s official Instagram.

The Make-A-Wish activity is one of the most important activities of Alta’s community. It is an opportunity for Alta to collaborate with the Make-A-Wish foundation to help a child’s dream come true. This gives hope to children who must persevere throughout all the hardships they face because of their conditions. This year’s Make A Wish kid is Brooklyn and her dream is to go to Disney World. In the first assembly Alta dedicated to Brooklyn, in which they introduced her, her goals, dreams, as well as her passions when she sang and performed a reference to her favorite movie; The Greatest Showman. Alta High’s students shone their phone’s flashlights as they danced along to Brooklyn’s beautiful singing, showcasing the sense of community and love that Alta has to share, strengthening all of us. With this in mind, it is important to note how this monumental organization has partnered with Alta in order to help these brilliant and talented young minds. 

While the opening assembly for Make A Wish was a big hit among Alta students, the closing assembly left an even bigger impression on the student body. From the prestigious choir performance, to our school officer’s beard being shaved off, this assembly was one of the best ways we could have wrapped up the 2023 year; showing solidarity, generosity, and demonstrating the positivity that Alta has to offer. With effort and dedication, Alta and its SBOs reached the fundraising goal, and was able to assure that Brooklyn’s dream came true. Alta High thanks everyone who participated, attended assemblies, supported the cause and donated towards this beautiful project, and welcomes the 2024 year with hopes of continuing to promote charity and service throughout our school. Fly high, Hawks!