The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Celebrating Creativity: Alta High School’s 40th Annual “Chalk the Walk” Event

Every year, Alta High School buzzes with excitement as students eagerly gather to showcase their artistic talents in a unique competition known as “Chalk the Walk.” This beloved event, now celebrating its 40th anniversary, transforms the school’s sidewalks into vibrant canvases, where participants unleash their creativity using chalk as their medium. With each passing year, “Chalk the Walk” continues to captivate both participants and spectators alike, fostering a sense of community and celebrating the boundless creativity of Alta’s students recreating old 2D masterpieces. This event serves as a bridge between the school and the surrounding community, fostering connections and showcasing the vibrant spirit of Alta. 

I’m just trying to hone in that message of emotion, and making everyone feel something when they look at my piece,” says Biz Vietti. “I also like the idea that my pieces have the ability to make everyone feel something different based on the human interpretation of the piece itself.”

Alta High School’s “Chalk the Walk” event continues to be a beacon of creativity and community spirit, uniting students, faculty, and the wider community in celebration of artistry and imagination. As it marks its 40th anniversary, the event stands as a testament to the enduring power of creativity to bring people together and inspire positive change. As the chalk is washed away by the next rainfall, the memories and camaraderie forged during “Chalk the Walk” will endure.