The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Alta Ballroom Leaps Toward Spring Concert

Alta Ballroom has had an incredible season this year, performing, as Head Coach Dana Lambert puts it, “so much more than ever before.”

“This is the year we’ve done more [projects] than any year before,” says Ari Collier, Women’s Costume manager, specifically regarding the team’s trip to Disney in January. There, they performed at the Avenger’s park “which was really cool.” 

In addition to more than a dozen of performances this year, the Alta Ballroom team absolutely killed it at State this past Saturday, Feb 24th. They placed top three in every one of their dances, with their Lindy and Cabaret both taking 2nd!

Make sure to catch this award-winning team at their Spring Concert to round the year out! Starting April 19, it will span the 20th and 22nd starting at 7pm every night. Coach Lambert describes it as a “culmination of everything [they’ve] learned this year,”  and is very eager to show off her team’s hard work. 

As the season comes to a close, Alta Ballroom welcomes students to try out. If you want to give it a shot without commitment, McKenzie Hulet recommends “[giving] clinics a try and [seeing] if it’s for you.” She notes that the best part of ballroom has been “making new friends and just… having a second family.”

Coach Lambert points out that many who make the team “wish they had done this earlier” and “a lot of people that haven’t [had ballroom experience]” make the team, so don’t be worried! Ari, too, says more “people, especially guys, should try out.”

To join this amazing team, make sure to come to open studio April 30th and May 2nd from 2:30-5pm for a Waltz and Cha Cha crash course! Tryouts start on May 4th from 8am-4pm in room 1804.