The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Freshman Orientation is Coming January 24!

Even though we’re only half way through this school year, the new school year is coming up and with that, freshman orientation. Preparing eighth graders for high school as they get close to starting their freshman year is a way to ease the students’ transition into high school, which can be an overwhelming experience for students. This year’s freshman orientation is happening on January 24th at 6:00 pm, with performances from Drill, Dance Company, Cheerleaders, and more at the PAC. At 7:00 pm the families and students will be directed to the commons where all of the booths and teachers will be waiting. 

We all know the transition to high school can be scary for both parents and students. Orientation can help new students choose the right classes and extracurricular activities, rising eighth graders adjust to the challenges of high school and introduce them to school staff they can turn to if they need support adjusting.

Every year we see a thousand or more people, including the students and their families, but now we expect even more families to attend and meet teachers, future classmates,” says Mrs. Lister, Alta’s assistant principal in charge of clubs.

Clubs, classes and school activities make it a special day for the students and their parents. Fliers are being made, ideas on how to set up the booth are being discussed. 

When eighth graders and their parents get to know all of the possibilities, it’s impossible to not fall in love with Alta. Try to remember how it was to be new and come support the new students and help share the Alta’s spirit to everyone.