The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Football Renews Lost Rivalry on Senior Night

Alta’s football team is ready and excited for senior night.

Alta’s football team is ready to clash with the Brighton Bengals this Friday night. After a heartbreaking loss last Friday versus Olympus in four overtimes, the Hawks are fired up. This game revives the district rivalry for the first time since 2018, a game Alta won 52-0.

“We expect Brighton to be a solid team,” says Senior Manu Taula, “We just have to come in prepared and do what we do every week.”

The Senior Night meeting between the two rivals is a huge game for both teams, with Alta fighting for playoff seeding, and Brighton fighting to stay perfect in region play before their clash against West on October 11th, a game that will most likely determine the region champion.

The lights will be bright and the pressure will be high on Friday night, but the Hawks have been laser focused and they love the pressure.

“There’s definitely a lot of nerves knowing everyone is watching me,” says Senior Coleman Fisher, “At the end of the day though, there’s no place I would rather be on a Friday night than on the gridiron.”

The game kicks off at 7:00, but Senior Night honors will happen before the game. The Hawks will need every last bit of support they can get, so students are encouraged to show up early for the seniors, be loud, and wear camo! Hawks Show Up!