The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Alta Basketball “Ready and Focused” for Back to Back Rivalry Matchups

“Everyone come, and be loud”
ig: cbreezesports
Jaxon Johnson shoots a basket

“Alta Hawks” is a name that is starting to become familiar in the name of basketball players across the country, and feared by many more in the state of Utah. Following a 5A state championship a year ago, Alta’s boys basketball team hasn’t missed a step carrying that momentum into this year. Currently 15-1, the hawks have been near perfect while playing one of the hardest preseason schedules in the state, the lone blemish coming in an out of state game against one of the top teams in California. That preason was topped by an overtime win against cross town rival, and defending 6A champion Corner Canyon.

Now entering region play, the team is coming up on a massive week, with a projected state finals match up against Olympus on Tuesday, followed by a heated rivalry game against Brighton on Friday. “Theres definitely been an extra level of focus at practice,” says Senior Bo Compton, “But at the end of the day its still business as usual. We prepare the same for every game, and it helps keep us focused.”

We need everyone to come and be loud.

— Bo Compton

School and team social media accounts have taken to their platforms in an effort to encourage students to come support and help create a hostile environment for opposing teams, with Altas Basketball account saying that, “A huge game calls for a Hawk Crowd! Pack the House!”