The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

Alta Hockey Team Honors Seniors

Alta hockey honored their seniors on the 24th , just minutes before their beatdown of region opponent East High. The Hawks sent their seniors out in a blaze of glory, defeating the leopards 9-0.
The cottonwood heights rec center was standing room only, as people packed in to support the team. Teachers, students, alumni, and family all crowded into the stands to watch the Hawks.
The rink was far from quiet, not only were people cheering, talking, and laughing, Alta drumline showed up to shake the room. Every time Alta scored, the drumline added to the chaos with their music.
The seniors were honored in the best way possible, a red carpet was laid out on the ice and the players’ parents awaited them. They were called onto the ice one by one where they received Crumbl cookies, flowers, and a hug from their parents. They honored the team captain and Varsity goalie, Vincent Turcotte, two assistant captains, Stefan Omelchuk and Cole Popen. Mattox Ochoa, who plays wing. And of course, Brynn Andreason, the team manager and photographer.
“It was so exciting and made me feel special,” says Brynn, “I know I worked hard for the team so I was happy to be in the spotlight with my dad.” Brynn has done so much for the team, not only does she photograph the team, but she also runs the hockey instagram page. After highschool, Brynn plans to “help out Alta’s hockey team for at least another year.”